January e-News Pike's
January 3, 2018
How to: Three Easy Winter Home Renovations
Home renovations don't have to wait for spring. You or your clients can decorate, insulate and upgrade in three easy steps.
Easy Reno 1: Replace Doors
Keep the cold out and add style to the interior and exterior for your client's home with a quick door renovation.
Gentek's First Impressions are rigorously tested to provide top thermal quality.
- They're customized to fit any entry-way.
- Upkeep is simple - the door construction won't rot, split, corrode or pit like painted wood doors and won't swell or warp from exposure to moisture.
- It's a green choice - all in-plant scrap vinyl, aluminum and steel is reused for other products to help reduce the volume and environmental impact of waste.
Easy Reno 2: Insulate Walls and Ceilings
Johns Manville has an array of products to insulate your client's home.
- Climate Pro® blow-in fibreglass insulation custom fits hard-to-reach cavities and corners, making installation easier and faster.
- AP™ Foil-Faced Foam Sheathing board provides exceptional heat, moisture and air control to protect your building's exterior walls, and can eliminate thermal bridges that cause heat loss.
- Mineral Wool TempControl® Batts are designed to provide thermal control in wood-stud cavities of exterior walls, basements, and heated crawl spaces.
Easy Reno 3: Waterproof and Soundproof
Resisto has great products to add the extra layer of comfort to a home's interior.
- Resisto's waterproofing kit for showers is compatible with ceramic tile, clean and easy to install and requires no special tools.
- INSONOFLOOR is a high-density polyethylene membrane coated with small granules of recycled rubber specially designed to soundproof laminated floating floors and other types of flooring, such as hardwood floors or multi-layer engineered wood floors.
- REDZONE Air Barrier and Waterproof Membrane for windows and door frames is a self-adhesive membrane composed of elastomeric bitumen (40 mils) and a trilaminate woven polyethylene that provides an air/vapor barrier.